Pray through the examen prayer and spend time resting in it.
- Become aware of God’s presence and His love for you.
- Review the week with gratitude.
- While asking yourself the following questions, be attentive to what you’re feeling or to what you’re thinking:
- Where in your week did you experience consolation; joy, comfort, peace?
- Where in your week did you experience desolation; sadness, frustration, or failure?
- As you become attentive to your desolation; what sadness, frustration or failure might you need to confess? Where might you need to receive forgiveness?
- With hope, look towards tomorrow. What newness would the Holy Spirit be inviting you into?